Monday, November 9, 2009

Confessions of Motherhood

Okay so I have a confession to make... well maybe not a confession just a tidbit of what I did this morning.... you may ask why I am sharing this little story but it is only so one day I can see all the crazy things I did as a Mommy.... I woke up before the kiddos this morning absolutely famished. So I made myself a large bowl of raisin bran, used the last of the milk and proceeded to watch the morning news. The kids woke up soon after, and we went along with our normal routine; changing diapers, chasing Houston around the house with his clothes (one of his favorite and mommy's least favorite games), brushing our teeth... you know normal morning things. Houston soon alerted me that he was hungry so we went to the kitchen and I began offering him all of the breakfast foods in the house that did not require milk... oatmeal, waffles, eggs, pancakes, granola bar... but he insisted on cereal with milk... I kept trying to offer him something else with no luck and as I stood looking in the fridge "yogurt?"... "no, cereal, milk!" and then I saw it shining bright, like a beacon of hope guiding us away from the oncoming tantrum, a 4 oz bottle of pumped breast milk! Now in my mind I thought should I do it? No... well, he did nurse for 7 months, No that's weird... well no its not, some people breastfeed till their kids are 2 or older...still no... and then I just did it... I poored 4 oz of breast milk on Houston's cereal, stuck him in his highchair and stood there wondering if he would notice. Well, he didn't, he ate the whole bowl and when he was finished proclaimed "ALL DONE!". After spin class this morning I did buy cows milk and don't plan on feeding Houston "Kemma's milk" as he calls it again...although it could be a funny trick to play on Brooks... hmmm. Just kidding!!!

1 comment: