Friday, November 20, 2009

Big Boy Bed!


Well, Houston has officially graduated to a big boy bed!!! 2 weeks ago we decided Houston was ready and we should convert his crib into a toddler bed. I had mixed feelings about the whole process.... there was that part of me that wanted him to be in his crib because then I would feel like he was still a baby and there was that other part of me that knew he would enjoy the "big boy bed". I was nervous still though if he was going to fall out of the bed or worse not sleep in it and sneak out at night... I didn't want to go through the whole repetition of chasing him back into his bed at night and refuse to have him sneak in our bed! But our little man has done amazing!! He never has fallen out, calls for me to come in and let him come out of his room in the morning and loves hoarding blankets and stuffed animals all over the bed! He actually has begun calling it his "nap" and has been excited to show everyone when they have come over. Yesterday my Mom came by and he burst with excitement at the door to see "Nana" coming, when she got inside he said "ome (come) on Nana... my nap!!" Mom followed him to his room Houston bounced all over that place showing her his big bed... He is so proud! He also loves for McKennon to lay with him in his bed and listen to stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment