Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pooky

Today we lost our dear sweet Pooky. At 89 years old Brooks' grandfather has passed and is now watching over us in Heaven. A heroic and stoic man I was blessed to know Pooky for the last six years of my life. A man of few words Pooky always had the sweetest smile and content look upon his face, he never complained and was always happy to just hang around, his little chuckle was contagious. Brooks has many fond memories of his "Pooky" growing up watching his grandfather in the beer business, summer trips to the beach, Pooky and his brother's amazing relationship throughout the years, betting on sporting events and of course Coors Light.
I can't explain how much it means to me that Houston and McKennon were able to meet Pooky. I love to take the kids to visit he and Ginna and after 63 years of marriage I know that their great-grandchildren brightened their days. When Houston was barely a year old he and Pooky would play the waving game where Pooky would say "hi" and wave and Houston would wave back... they would do this over and over and before Houston could even talk he would wave to Pooky just because that was what they did.... Memories like that are priceless. I know that Pooky is watching over us all and that one day we will meet again... God Bless You Pooky You are So Loved.




























4 comments:

  1. You posted a wonderful tribute. We are sorry to hear about Pookey. We have many wonderful memories of times with him.
    Keith and Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your loss! What a sweet tribute you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. I am sure he was a wonderful man. It is tough losing someone so special. We are thinking of you guys.

    ReplyDelete